Virtual Audio Cable software allows you to transfer audio (wave) streams between applications and/or devices.
It creates a set of virtual audio devices named "Virtual Cables", each of them consists of a pair of the waveform input/output devices. Any application can send audio stream to an output side of a cable, and any other application can receive this stream from an input side. All transfers are made digitally, providing NO sound quality loss (a bitperfect streaming).
* Windows XP/2003/Vista/Win7 platforms (32-bit and 64-bit)
* Local session only (not available from Remote Desktop).
* Native WDM/KS audio technology.
* Up 256 Virtual Cables (Windows limits number of MME devices to 32. Number of DirectSound devices is not limited). Trial version
is limited to 3 cables only.
* 1..20 milliseconds per interrupt.
* 1..100 pin instances.
* Almost any of fixed point PCM audio formats (200..1000000 samples per second, 8..32 bits per sample, 1..8 channels). Floating point formats are not supported.
* Almost no sound latency with maximal interrupt frequency.
* Unlimited number of clients connected
to each port.
* Signal mixing (with saturation) between output port clients.
* PCM format conversion.
* Volume control
* Control Panel application to dynamically configure cables.
* Audio Repeater
application that transfers from any Wave In to any Wave Out port.
*Added IPrefetchOffset interface support (more stable audio in XP/Vista/Server 2008/Win7).
*Added a workaround to avoid Skype
freezing and to stabilize streaming in heavy load cases.
*Changed voice reminder policy in trial version.
*Added tray icon support to Audio Repeater.
*Added Kernel Streaming version of Audio Repeater.
*Added Wikipedia references in the user manual.
*Fixed some bugs in volume control code.
*Fixed a bug caused timer resolution restoration when a last cable stream was closed.