TVersity Media Server 2.2
Making Internet content available on game consoles, phones and other devices
The TVersity Media Server is a UPNP AV compliant media server that extends the functionality of UPNP media hubs to navigate, search, play and record, audio and video content from the Internet. It can also replace your existing UPNP media server and handle all the media located on your home network, including media formats that are not natively supported by your media receiver.
With TVersity your media hub will be able to play almost any media file you have and in the same time become the set top box of Internet Television/Radio.
TVersity Media Server is a tool that allows you navigate, search, play and record audio and video files from internet.
Additionally the TVersity Media Server lets you manage your Internet media URLs and essentially create your personalized lineup of channels, aka a personal programming guide (PEG).
· Play Internet audio and video streams on your TV/Stereo, enter your own URLs or select from the bundled Audio and Video Guides - The media server streams media from the Internet and delivers it to media hubs via HTTP, the only protocol supported by those devices
· Play your ENTIRE media collection on your TV - Finally almost any content that plays in Windows Media Player can be played on any of the supported media hubs disregarding their codec limitations
· Automatic Real-time Seemless Transcoding - Let the Media Server automatically detect when a given media needs to be transcoded for playback on your media hub
· Very fast browsing of your media library with unprecedented speed for huge libraries (up to 100,000 items and more) - The Media Server has a very short response time, allowing faster browsing of your media library
· Easy to use Graphical User Interface - Control the media server locally or remotely by running the GUI as a web application (both MSIE and Firefox are supported)
· Support multiple media hubs simultaneously - Connect every room with a TV to the same media server
· Intuitive Navigation - Finally a media server that organizes your media properly, maintaining the order of songs, supporting extensive navigation criteria and doing it all very fast
· Manage cache of transcoded media - No need to transcode the same media twice
· Pause Live Internet feeds just like with Tivo - Watching live Internet TV has never been so much fun
· Runs as a service - You no longer need to log on to your computer for the media server to start
· Works well on slow system while providing real benefits on faster ones - Transcode Internet videos (300 kbps) on very slow systems and downsample high definition videos to standard definition on fast ones
Editor reviews:A utility that will enable you to play and record online videos
Watch DivX, RM, MOV, AVI, MPEG, MP3 files in one media player with Playlist.
Organizes and plays audio, video, images, TV, webmedia. Rips, burns and encodes
This is Multimedia file player. Included Album Cover support.
Winamp Player is a free media player can play audio and video.
Give your digital music files more vibrancy with DFX Audio Enhancement.