WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP and the MySQL database. It also comes with PHPMyAdmin to easily manage your databases.
WampServer installs automatically (installer), and its usage is very intuitive. You will be able to tune your server without even touching the setting files.
WampServer is the only packaged solution that will allow you to reproduce your production server. Once WampServer is installed, you have the possibility to add as many Apache, MySQL and PHP releases as you want.
WampServer's functionalities are very complete and easy to use so we won't explain here how to use them.
With a left click on WampServer's icon, you will be able to:
- manage your Apache and MySQL services
- switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- manage your servers settings
- access your logs
- access your settings files
- create alias
With a right click :
- change WampServer's menu language
- access this page
- now using 5.3.0
- PECL packages are not included anymore (not available on the PHP website)
- now using MySQL 5.1.36
- now using phpMyAdmin 188.8.131.52
- SQLiteManager is not included anymore, not compatible with PHP 5.3.0
- minor bug corrected in the php.ini file
- the PHP log file has been desactivated since it creates a bug with the phpinfo() function