This patch should also be applied to SPSS Grad Pack 12.0 for Windows and SPSS Career Starter 12.0 for Windows. The patch will upgrade your existing SPSS 12.0 for Windows to version 12.0.1. SPSS 12.0.1 is an incremental release in which the following changes were made:
* Performance was improved
Working with Excel:
* A problem exporting date/time variables to Excel was repaired.
* A problem in which data from Excel were converted from long numerals to scientific format was repaired.
* A problem exporting Tables data to Excel was fixed.
* A problem in which dates exported to Excel were off by one day in certain situations was fixed.
* An issue in which exporting data files to Excel with no variable names and no data results in an assertion failure was resolved.
* An issue wherby saving an empty SPSS data file as an Excel 97+ file caused C++ Assertion Failure was resolved.
Working with data files and databases:
* A problem with the SAVE and SAVE AS commands led to lost cases in the system file was fixed.
* A problem with setting the data file to read-only in which the permission command did not work was repaired.
* A bug in which long tables names led SPSS to read field names via ODBC out of order was repaired.
* An issue in which the native Oracle ODBC driver did not work in SPSS 12.0 was resolved.
Working with pivot tables:
* A bug in which SPSS vanishes when pivot table column was widened was fixed.
Working with new graphics:
* A bug in graphics in which text was not rotated correctly for Windows Metafiles was fixed.
* A copy object/paste into Word problem was fixed.
* A bug in which copying a graph and pasting it Word led to a chart with no data elements on Windows 98 and Windows Me systems was fixed.
* A problem publishing charts to SmartViewer Web Server was fixed.
* A problem in which exporting an output file with charts led to a sharing violation was fixed.