This utility will record, arrange, edit, and render multi-track waveform audio
REAPER is a tool that lets you record, edit, mix, render and arrange multi-track waveform audio. It has complex features, so it has been designed for power users.
The user interface is friendly and easy to use (by experts), and it is divided into several areas - the main menu, right-click menu, main window toolbar, track control panels, main window and edit area, timeline and mixer.
But you can view other areas, such as the floating mixer master, big clock, dynamic split, FX browser, transport bar, and virtual MIDI keyboard.
REAPER supports input and output aliasing (you can give names to your audio inputs and outputs), MIDI devices, VST plugins, envelope editing, user defined interface themes, custom actions and macros, 3D surround, mouse modifiers, pitch envelopes, Media Explorer preview time selection, multi-channel track monitoring, input recording and track meters, configurable per-channel diffusion, and more.
The program uses a moderate amount of system memory (which is quite surprising), comes with a complete documentation that can be downloaded for free from the developer's website, and its overall response time to commands is very good. Moreover, we have not encountered problems of any nature when using this software.
In conclusion, REAPER is certainly a professional tool for experts in the audio editing department, so beginners wouldn't really know how to handle it. Also, its price is unbelievably low when you think about its capabilities, so we strongly recommend it.
Easy to use:
· Equally usable by hobby users and professionals alike. Simply drag and drop one of many kinds of files in to edit existing material, or insert a track and arm it for recording. No complex project settings or definitions are required.
Extremely small footprint:
· REAPER is full featured, but its installer is barely over 1 megabyte. It starts and closes fast, and is easily installed on new systems or on portable drives.
Fast and powerful editing facilities:
· Split, resize, fade/crossfade, pitch shift, timestretch, copy/paste and loop media items with ease. Ripple editing is available, too.
Unrivaled routing capabilities:
· Send tracks to any number of other tracks or hardware outputs, with lots of options (pre-fx, post-fx, independent faders, mono or stereo). Not interested in advanced routing? You don't have to use it (and it certainly won't get in the way.)
Powerful recording options:
· Supports pre-fx, post-fx recording, can record mixed output of multiple tracks, etc, supports switching record inputs/modes on the fly, input monitoring options (including tape-style auto input monitoring mode), supports auto-punch-in/punch-out, and more. If you want. Otherwise, it just behaves as you would expect.
Wide open compatibility:
· Sane, human readable, human editable project file format. Support for reading and writing many common file formats. Support for consolidating track edits and rendering track stems, to enable easy export for other applications. EDL import/export for Samplitude and Vegas.
· Support for MIDI files, recording MIDI, and VSTi / DXi softsynths. MIDI can be integrated and mixed with audio.
Customizeable user interface:
· User arrangeable user interface with color themes: make REAPER look how you want it to look, and arrange (or hide) elements of the user interface to suit your needs.
Bundled Effects and 3rd party plug-in Support:
· Includes built in effects including a compressor, gate, FFT EQ, and some basic synthesizers, and includes many Jesusonic effects, and supports many plug-ins (including VST and DX plug-ins) with full plug-in delay compensation.
· API: added simple functions to safely access take and track audio
· API: extensions and ReaScript can store/restore simple global state (GetExtState, SetExtState, etc)
· API: extensions can add functions to ReaScript
· AU: fixed wet/dry control on default pin mappings
· Actions: relative item positions are preserved when moving item start or end
· Auto recarm: faster changing of recarm state when operating on many tracks
· Bridging: avoid unnecessary delays when bridge process failed to launch
· Bridging: OSX support for bridging/firewalling 64 bit VST/AU
· Config import/export: UI improvement, added sections for chanmaps, scripts, menusets
· Control surfaces: don't create undo points when any surface has touch state set
· Envelope editing: fixed envelope point selection following time selection when option disabled
· Filters: support for NOT and OR keywords (upper case, ORs have lowest precedence, so a b OR c d NOT e means (a and b) or (c and d and not e)
· ReWire: fixes for older versions of ReWire.bundle installed
· ReWire: do not install ReWire.bundle v2.6 on OSX 10.4 (since it does not work on there)
· ReWire: (to correct ReWire not working on 10.4 after 4.15, remove /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/ReWire.bundle, then run REAPER 4.151/ppc to install correct version of ReWire.bundle)
Remix and compose Dance style tracks with over 5,000 unique sound samples.
Pro-audio restoration for digital video, digital audio, music & dialog.
Get in-depth and easily accessible volume control and audio mixing.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
Helps you to extract part of the sound track from a Video or Audio file.