My Movie Manager
is a Personal Movie Collection Manager, which can scan
your computer for movies, identify movie files
and download movie details from www.imdb.com. If you are a movie lover like me, and you have a collection of movie files in your computer, you are gonna love this.
Take a look at the features of My Movie Manager:
- It can scan your computer's harddisks or even network harddisks for movie files, identify the movies
automatically, and download all basic details about each movie from internet, and creates a local database of your movie collection. It can identify a movie irrespective of the filenames, as it uses a unique hashing method, supported by www.opensubtitles.org to identify your movies. The accuracy of movie identification is more than enough to make you excited, only 2 or 3 files were wrongly identified in my collection of 200 movies. You can always use the edit
button, to correct a movie file in case it is wrongly identified. But I promise that the chances are very less for you have to use the edit button. :)
- Play, or Open the folder of the movie you desire, directly from the software just by a click, or pressing enter. You no more need to waste time by searching your computer for movies. MyMovieManager lists all your movies at one place.
- You can add as many folders as you like, and MyMovieManager is able to look for movie files inside those folders, its subfolders in a recursive manner.
- All the basic details about the movie will be downloaded and displayed (such as director, actors, plot,imdb rating etc). The details are stored offline so that you don't need to connect to Internet everytime.
- You can search for a particular movie, for the title of movie, director, any of actors etc.