MEdit is a simple yet powerful ground level MIDI editor
that will allow you to create, edit, and play .mid files
MEdit is a simple yet powerful ground level MIDI editor that allows you to create, edit, and play .mid files. Use MEdit to easily modify any aspect
of the MIDI events in a composition, such as pitch bends, notes and controller values.
· Unlimited tracks! - A MEdit composition can contain over a billion tracks, so it is not really 'unlimited', but none of the other sequencers making this claim are truly unlimited either. (And if you did create a billion track composition, it would not play correctly in MEdit or another sequencer simply because computers cannot process that much, that quickly.)
· Simple multi-device latency solution
- Latency is settable on a device-by-device basis in MEdit, allowing you to 'set-it-and-forget-it', and never again deal with latency issues when simultaneously using multiple devices.
· Powerful recording abilities - MEdit allows you to record from MIDI keyboards and re-map that input to any playable device, to take advantage of all the sounds
available to you. You can even record from multiple keyboards on different devices simultaneously, and all the MIDI events will automatically be adjusted for differing device latencies, so they sound at the correct time when played back.
· Ability to create and use your own instrument name files
- Create description files to tell the names of the instruments on each device. If you change the names of the instruments on the device, you can simply create a new description file. If you then reconfigure the device to the old configuration, just remap MEdit to use the old file. This comes in handy when you have a device that supports extra configurations through different cards.
· Usage of the GM instrument set - MEdit can take advantage of the Roland GM instrument set on internal software synthesizers that support the GM instrument set.
· Ease of use - MEdit features a powerful and easy-to-use copy/paste mechanism, full undo/redo capabilities, context-sensitive help, an intuitive, uncluttered interface, and more.