The LEAD MPEG-2 decoder
supports several levels and profiles. Levels (source formats) supported range from Limited Definition (VCR quality) to full HDTV - each with a range of bitrates. In addition to this flexibility in source formats, the LEAD MPEG-2 codec supports several different profiles. Each profile offers a different set of compression tools that together make up the coding system.
The LEAD MPEG-2 Video Codec
is available as a Standard version.
Key features of the LEAD MPEG-2 Video Codec:
* MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 output stream.
* Low, main & high Profiles implementation.
* Inter-prediction accuracy of 1/2 pixel.
* Preprocessing frame-rate adjustment.
* Fixed and variable bit rate compression options, with a wide range of quality factors.
* Preset compression options for VCD, SVCD and DVD.
LEAD's MPEG-2 video codec is a multimedia
compressor / decompressor that registers into the WindowsÂ® collection of multimedia drivers
and integrates with any application using DirectShow. Existing video software, such as WindowsÂ® Media PlayerÂ® and Ulead Media StudioÂ®, can utilize this codec to play, create and edit
industry standard (ISO/IEC 13818-2) MPEG-2 streams.