Because of LEAD MCMP/MJPEG's real time compression and decompression, random access to every frame, support of creating a losslessly compressed stream, this codec is flexible enough to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications.
Offering standard and proprietary compression options, LEAD's MCMP / MJPEG Video Codec is a multimedia
compressor / decompressor that registers into the Windows® collection of multimedia drivers
and integrates with any application using DirectShow and Microsoft Video for Windows®. Existing video software, such as Windows® Media Player® and Ulead Media Studio®, can utilize this codec to play, create and edit
industry standard MJPEG and LEAD's proprietary MCMP files. Developed by LEAD as an alternative to standard compression algorithms, MCMP delivers smaller file sizes and can maintain better image quality than MJPEG with the same or better image quality.
Key features of LEAD MCMP-MJPEG Video Codec:
* Real-time software-only compression and decompression of full motion video.
* Significantly smaller AVI files.
* Preserve critical image data with lossless compression.
* Support for JPEG type B streams found in QuickTime
* Create, edit and playback
video using existing applications.
* Smaller file size, better image quality option.
* Read/write hardware compatible MJPEG files.
* Supports 16-bit grayscale video.
* LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Video Codec includes: LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Encoder, LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Decoder, LEAD Ogg Multiplexer, LEAD Ogg Splitter and LEAD Video RGB converter.