GSnap is an auto-tune effect. It can be used subtly to correct the pitch
of a vocal, or, with more extreme
settings, to create a robot-voice effect. It requires a monophonic input signal to operate.
* Try GSnap with non-vocal material for interesting effects.
* GSnap's effect is more useful with simple material. Complex material with rapid note changes may require several hours of dedicated MIDI programming to deal with, and may still end up sounding less than realistic.
* Use the automatic correction with Forced Key to help approximate that famous vocal
* Automate switching between Fixed and MIDI mode
for ultimate control: allow GSnap to do its thing automatically for much of the material, and then "take over" for passages or notes that need specific work.
* Try feeding GSnap some MIDI information in real-time during a vocal passage. You may find the results even more interesting than that "other" vocal effect!